Saturday, November 17, 2007

Candle Calamity

I like having candles in my room, it is quite pleasant having the glow of a candle near by with the soft vanilla scent floating by while reading or doing other various activities. Just don't leave the candle unattended, which is inadvertently and precisely what I did. In some cases a fire may be the cause of leaving the candle all alone, or a nice waxy mess to clean up. The good news is that the latter happened to me.



What is shown in the image only reveals part of the mess; what continued from the overflow dripped off and down onto the floor splattering everywhere. I have to admit, the candle wax did make a really cool flowing design.




In other news, it snowed for the first time here yesterday! Sadly I didn't take any pictures and now all the snow has melted. This morning there was some nice white frost on the ground, making the grass sparkle and shimmer like polished diamonds; and I didn't get a picture of that either. But I did go out for breakfast with Dustin, which was special treat, we were able to catch up on a few things. For things around here can get quite busy which does not always allow for us to have time to talk for longer than a few moments.

Well I better blow out my candles before I leave, or I will have double the mess.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHAAAAAAAAAAA the candle got ya :P
thats happened to myself also and i hate cleaning it up when it gets stubborn lol

Anonymous said...

good aliteration "candle calamity"
at least it wasn't "fiery fiasco"
Love mom

Elisa Zupancic said...

I thought you would like the alliteration. Nice one back at me, :p

Dan Zupancic said...

Oh Elisa, now is the time I wish I was able to teach you more life lessons before you left for school. We all know how Dustin can be about these kind of things. What will Rainbow say?!?

David Schile said...

Elisa,

You are amazingly awesome and I love you deeply and I don't care if the whole world knows it.

P.S.- You look good today (and every other day that you read this comment)